top of page

Missourians may need earthquake coverage

Missouri Department of Insurance recently reminded residents who live in at-risk areas to consider earthquake insurance.

From the department's press release:

"I highly encourage Missourians to add earthquake coverage to their homeowners policy if they live in areas of the state that may be impacted by an earthquake," said Chlora Lindley-Myers, director of the Missouri Department of Insurance. “While knowing what to do to be safe during an earthquake is very important, it is also important to protect your property should you need to rebuild or recover.”

Earthquake coverage pays for damage caused by the shaking and cracking that can damage homes. Other damage indirectly caused by earthquakes may be covered by other insurance. Fire and water damage due to burst gas and water pipes - even though it may be caused by a quake - is generally covered by the standard portion of the homeowners policy.

bottom of page